It’s getting to that time of year again…pumpkin everything! I’m beyond excited because I’ve become absolutely obsessed with anything pumpkin related. To recreate one of my all-time favorite desserts, I decided to turn the traditional chocolate mousse into a white chocolate pumpkin mousse. I can’t even being to describe how incredibly good this turned out. Not to mention, I found the perfect way to melt white chocolate…with coconut oil. Incorporating coconut oil into the white chocolate in place of butter when melting gave me the smoothest consistency; no more clumps or burnt chocolate. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
Calories: 367, Fat: 25.8g, Total Carbohydrates: 30.3g, Sugars: 27.6g
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Melt white chocolate and Kelapo Coconut Oil over double boiler. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat two egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer until soft peaks form; set aside.
- Add egg yolks to white chocolate mixture and stir until completely blended.
- Whip heavy whipping cream, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract in separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Alternate folding in egg whites and whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Then fold in pumpkin puree into the mixture until completely blended. Do not stir.
- Pour into serving glasses and place in refrigerator until completely cool. Serve with whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice if desired.
I recommend letting the mousse chill for around 3-4 hours and then topping it off with whipped cream. Adding a dash of pumpkin pie spice to the top will also give a little extra decoration for holiday festivities. If you enjoy pumpkin as much as I do, you will absolutely fall in love with this dessert. Make sure to check back next week as I give pumpkin pie a health kick with my pumpkin pie protein shake. Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Our pumpkin roll and pumpkin cheesecake are both a great fit to satisfy that pumpkin sweet tooth.