Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!!! Ravens or 49ers, who’s your pick? I am not a huge fan of either team, but I will be rooting for the Ravens tonight! Whoever you are cheering for these Mini Mac and Cheese Bites will please fans of all ages. Just be sure to make a bunch, they disappear quick!
Mini Mac and Cheese Bites
Adapted from The Curvy Carrot
1 and 1/2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed**I used my food processor to crush the crackers
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated and divided
4 tablespoons Kelapo coconut oil, melted
4 and 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces uncooked)
1/2 of a 5.2-ounce container of Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese
2 tablespoons Kelapo coconut oil
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Generously spray mini muffin pan with Kelapo coconut oil cooking spray. You can use a regular size muffin pan too, just be sure to add extra cooking time.
3. In a large bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, and the melted coconut oil. Mix well until the mixture holds together and resembles coarse sand.
4. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups and using the back of a measuring spoon(I found a deep and curved measuring spoon worked perfectly for this) firmly press the crust into the bottoms and up the sides of each muffin cup.
5. In another large bowl, combine the cooked (and still hot!) macaroni with 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar, the Boursin cheese, and the remaining coconut oil, mixing well.
6. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and red pepper flakes, mixing well.
7. Add the egg/milk mixture to the cooked macaroni, mixing until all the ingredients are melted and smooth.
8. Fill muffin cups with macaroni mixture.
9. Top each muffin cup with the remaining cheddar.
10. Bake the mac and cheese pies until lightly golden on top, about 10-12 minutes.
11. Remove from pan and continue making batches until all ingredients are gone. Will make approximately 36 mini bites.
Enjoy these mac and cheese bites and enjoy the game!!!