Hello everyone, today I am going to share with you a really quick and simple shrimp taco dish. I am the type of person who is always running out of time to do things. I am a student, I work, and I spend quite a bit of time in the gym. I refuse to do what most of my peers do and just rely on fast food, but I really struggle to find time to cook for myself. I would not call myself the best cook, and I eat a lot, so it can get difficult to find dishes that are not only easy to make, but still taste good as leftovers. I chose to make shrimp tacos because they are perfect to make a taco salad with the leftovers. I found that the shrimp tastes better than any other taco meats when cold!
So here is a quick, simple, delicious, and affordable shrimp taco recipe.
- Taco kit with soft or hard tacos and seasoning included
- Large bag of frozen, pre-peeled salad shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons of Kelapo Coconut Oil
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Low fat sour cream
- Let shrimp thaw in refrigerator
- Place coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat
- Place thawed shrimp in pan and add seasoning
- Cook shrimp for 5-8 minutes; or until warm
- While shrimp is cooking, heat tortillas in the microwave
- Separate your toppings into individual bowls
- Deck your shrimp tacos out with your favorite toppings. Feel free to add salsa on top to spice up your taco!
When the shrimp is finished heating it is ready to serve and should feed four. An idea that I’m definitely going to try next time is to create my own buffalo shrimp tacos! Simply add in buffalo sauce while the shrimp is cooking and serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing. How good does that sound?!
For a good use of leftovers, mix everything into a large bowl and add broken hard shells or tortilla chips, this will give you a tasty taco salad ready to eat right out of the refrigerator!