Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year festival and it is quickly approaching! We searched around for a tasty and traditional recipe and found honey cake! This cake tastes great and it’s pretty simple to make.
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee dissolved into
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dissolve coffee into water and let cool
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, honey and brown sugar in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Alternating, add flour mixture and coffee to the egg mixture in the bowl, mix lightly until smooth
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick, inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Do you have a favorite Rosh Hashanah recipe? We’d love to try it! Leave us a comment and your recipe may be featured in an upcoming blog!
Recipe adapted from: http://kosherfood.about.com/od/desserts/r/cake_honey.htm