Today is National Zucchini Day! So last night I decided to make a quick and easy zucchini appetizer. Have you ever been to Maggiano’s or just about any other restaurant that has fried zucchini as an appetizer? Yum! One of my favorite appetizers! So I decided to look around for a healthier version of fried zucchini and try to make it myself.
The finished product was just as good as the restaurant’s fried zucchini, plus it was waaay healthier! Try out the coconut oil recipe below for a quick and healthy appetizer everyone will love.
Recipe adapted from this one!
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs ( panko even better to use)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 large eggs
3 medium zucchini (unpeeled then cut into about 3 x 1/2-inch sticks or as desired)
- Grease baking pan with Kelapo Coconut Oil.
- In a bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
- In another bowl, beat egg lightly.
- Dip zucchini sticks into egg, then into breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned (turn sticks over half way through baking time).
- Serve with your favorite dressing or marinara sauce.