The entire time I was in school, June was one of my favorite months. While it does not host my favorite holiday (Christmas), it always held the first day of summer. And what goes with summer but the best blockbuster movies! That’s why every Monday in June will be “Movie Monday” with great snacks to enjoy while your family is catching up on silver screen releases. Who knows, it may even become a family tradition!
I cannot see a movie without popcorn. I hear the word “movie” and my taste buds are already craving those popped kernels. So, of course, our first Movie Monday snack is the theater classic – but with a twist: Sweet Chili Popcorn. This delicious treat I found on Yummly will have the whole family begging for more!
Here’s what you need:
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
3 tbsp Kelapo Coconut Oil, melted
3 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp paprika
- Melt coconut oil and place in a heavy bottomed pot with three kernels.
- Heat over medium high heat. When the kernels pop, add the remaining kernels and cover.
- Shake the pot gently to keep the kernels from burning, and when you can’t hear them moving any more, pour the popcorn into bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Sprinkle over popped popcorn and enjoy!
I love recipes like this that take care of my sweet tooth and my love of spicy foods. Try some of our other popcorn favorites like Chocolate Salted Carmel Popcorn or Dark Chocolate and Coconut Popcorn. Can’t wait to grab my favorite movie, Sleeping Beauty, and dig in!
What movie will you watch for your first Movie Monday?