As the fall weather begins to roll in, I look forward to all of the warm comfort classics. I have really been enjoying peaches lately, mostly because they have been at peak season. I wanted to make a recipe with peaches, but wanted something a little less involved as a peach cobbler. It had to be sweet and hot, so baked peaches sounded delicious with melted coconut oil and brown sugar. I used peaches that were already soft so they would not go to waste.
Yields: 4 servings
2 whole peaches
2 tsp. Kelapo Coconut Oil
2 tsp. brown sugar
cinnamon (to taste)
Total calories per treat: 58 calories
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice each peach in half and remove the pit and pit contents.
- On a baking sheet place peaches sliced side up.
- Add equal amounts brown sugar into each pit, top with equal amounts coconut oil per peach.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until peaches are tender.
- Lightly sprinkle cinnamon to the tops of peaches and serve.
This treat is perfect for dessert when you don’t want to rack up additional calories to your diet, or if you are looking for something to crave a sweet tooth without processed foods. The coconut oil in this dish really compliments the already sweet peach leaving a nice glaze to the fruit. Feel free to add vegan whipped cream or homemade ice cream as a compliment to this dish. Baking doesn’t need to be difficult and this dish proves you can whip up a hot and delicious dessert for a family get together in less than 30 minutes! What is your favorite fall dessert?