Salmon is such an easy fish to cook and it tastes yummy as well! I’ve always been on the hunt for a good salmon recipe but could never find it, until I stumbled upon this recipe. All I’ve got to say about this is WOW! The salmon was so flaky, moist and delicious. I replaced the olive oil for coconut oil, which I felt gave the salmon a bit of a sweet taste which contemplated the lemon marinade nicely. I served my salmon on top of fresh spinach and added some sliced red and yellow cherry tomatoes and sliced bok choy. Check out my recipe below:
1 or 2 cloves minced garlic; depending on if your a garlic-lover like myself
3 tablespoons Kelapo Coconut Oil; melted
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 4 oz salmon fillet
3 to 4 red and yellow cherry tomatoes; each
1 stalk of bok choy
- In a bowl combine garlic, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice; mix until well incorporated.
- Place salmon and marinade in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for 1 hour; the longer you can marinate the better.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking dish with Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray.
- Cover salmon with foil and place in baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until fillet is easily flaked with a fork.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in halves bok choy into desired size.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to pan on medium heat.
- Gently stir until vegetables until they become tender.
- Place fresh spinach on plate and add in mixed veggies.
- Plate salmon on top of your vegetable mixture.
Serve and enjoy! Oh boy did this make the house smell great! The lemon and coconut oil was such a pleasant aroma to smell after a long day at work. Since this become a salad of sorts I topped with a little bit of a vinaigrette which added even more flavor! If you want any easy lunch for the weekdays or even a quick dinner I highly suggest this meal. Quick prep time and easy steps makes for a great meal in my book! What are some of your favorite kinds of fish?