When you become a parent you may find yourself becoming a lot more health conscious. At least I did when my my little guy was born. I made sure to choose the safest diapers and wipes however I switched to making my own baby wipes when I found out how easy it was to do. Also, I had all of the ingredients already in the house so I figured out why not give it a shot. These are also great for older kids for clean up on-the-go!
1 roll of paper towels
About 5 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons of baby wash
2 tablespoons of Kelapo Coconut Oil
Vitamin E (optional)
A large plastic container
- Cut your paper towel roll in half and place in plastic container.
- Add warm water, coconut oil, baby wash and vitamin E.
- Turn the container upside down and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the container right-side up and remove the center cardboard in the paper towels.
- Use as you would a store-bought wipe.
These wipes are very easy to make and even easier to use. I personally enjoy using these wipes because of the added coconut oil and vitamin E. I really feel like this not only cleans the baby’s bum, but also keeps it moisturized and helps to eliminate diaper rash. I highly recommend homemade wipes to all of my new mommies and all of our readers. You can also try our homemade formula, as well. Have you tried using homemade wipes as opposed to store-bought wipes?