It’s National Popcorn Day for all the popcorn lovers out there! Previously, we’ve whipped up some delicious popcorn recipes including our maple bacon popcorn and our chocolate salted caramel popcorn. We’ve also given a tutorial on how to make your own popcorn without the store bought bag (and the chemicals that go along with it). All of these recipes are great, however I have found a new “popcorn” recipe I love: cauliflower popcorn.I personally enjoy this treat because it eliminates all of those pesky kernels in your teeth. I’m also making it a goal of mine to eat healthier so I’m swapping the unhealthy food for healthier alternatives without having to sacrifice taste!
1 head of cauliflower
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Break head of cauliflower into popcorn-like, bite-size florets.
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or spray with Kelapo coconut oil cooking spray.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray then sprinkle with turmeric, paprika, black pepper and sea salt.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minute or until cauliflower is slightly browned.
I’ve come to really enjoy this recipe because it’s an added veggie into your daily diet! By making this simple switch, you are getting about 75 percent of your daily intake of vitamin C. You are also cutting the fat out of this traditional snack because you are using a coconut oil cooking spray instead of using butter; coconut oil contains no cholesterol or sodium! You can also experiment with this recipe by using different spices to flavor your snack.
What is your favorite swap for healthier cooking?