Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Bake up some homemade chicken taquitos to serve at your Cinco party for your guests to snack on.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
Adapted from Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom
- Shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded “Mexican blend” cheese
- 1/3 cup sweet white and yellow corn niblets
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- large pinch of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pack of egg roll wrappers or corn tortillas
- Coconut oil, to grease pan and taquitos
In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken with cheese, corn, beans, cumin, salt, pepper, and cilantro.
Take one egg roll wrapper or warmed corn tortilla (so they don’t crack) and place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Roll corn tortilla up or fold in 2 opposite corners of the egg roll wrapper and then roll up as you would an egg roll.
Coat pan with coconut oil and light brush more coconut oil on top of the finished taquitos. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overcook.
Serve with your favorite dips such as sour cream, salsa, or sweet chili sauce.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!