We have a treat for our Kelapo fans, for the next six months Kevin Alexander, from FitMenCook, will be joining us as our guest Kelapo Kitchen Fitness Cook. He specializes in food that fuels your body and leaves you feeling your best. His first recipe is a delicious shrimp burger made with organic Kelapo Coconut Oil – which is packed full of vitamin B-12, protein, and iron. Top it with fresh vegetables, and you have the perfect burger. We bet this will be a new favorite in your household.
Here is a great way to enjoy a classic meal with way less calories, tons of protein and virtually no guilt. While it is less than 350 calories, do not be fooled! It packs quite a punch and can satisfy even the hungriest fitness fanatic. This is also a great option for that summer dinner party – treat your guests well by giving them a lower calorie, yet filling, option.
Kelapo Coconut Oil (Non-Stick Spray or Oil)
5oz raw shrimp (peeled, deveined)
1 tsp fresh parsley
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp pepper (choice of other seasonings)
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup bell peppers
whole wheat or Ezekiel bread
1. Place peeled shrimp with parsley and seasonings into a food processor.
2. Pulse blend the mixture but do NOT blend. It should be chunky and sticky. Remove from food processor.
3. Add in diced onions and bell peppers (if desired).
4. Lightly spray a skillet with either Kelapo Coconut Oil Non-Stick Spray or use about 1-2 tsp of Kelapo Coconut Oil to cook the patty until it is brown on both sides. I used about 2 tsp of the Kelapo Coconut Oil because I wanted to ensure the burger did not burn and I wanted to add a mild coconut flavor.
5. Assemble the burger with your choice of veggies. Feel free to add cheese – I recommend low fat mozzarella or my favorite, goat cheese.
6. Smash it in your face. Boom.
Approx macros: 334 calories, 37g protein, 30g carbs, 6g fat.