Can you believe it is almost December? This year has flown by. I’m eager for all the holiday parties that will be coming up next month, but with parties comes food and with food comes potential weight gain. Weight gain is one thing no woman wants to experience! I’ve come up with my personal Top 5 Ways to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain this season, check them out below:
1. Drink a glass of water before a big meal – Drinking a glass of water before a meal keeps you hydrated and “fills up” your stomach so that you don’t eat as much.
2. Eat a light snack before your party – Eating a banana with peanut butter or some yogurt beforehand will keep you from filling up your plate with sugary desserts at the party.
3. Keep your regular exercise routine – Keeping active during the holidays is a tough one, but if you stick to your normal routines you are less likely to want to overindulge yourself. If you are unable to stick to your regular routine try taking brisk daily walks.
4. Keep yourself occupied – You haven’t seen some family and friends in months, take this time to socialize instead of allowing food to be the main focus.
5. Add coconut oil to your diet – Research has shown that coconut oil helps to slow down the digestion of food, which can lead to you feeling fuller longer! Try adding a tablespoon to your oatmeal in the mornings.
There you have it, some of my personal favorite ways to avoid excess weight gain! It is difficult to do during the holidays but if you stick to it, it will make your New Year’s Resolution of dropping those few pounds that much easier! Do you have any tips and tricks to keep trim during the holidays?