Did you know that coconut oil may help when your out in the sun? The anti-inflammatory properties may even help to relieve sunburns! Everyone knows the sun can be a dangerous thing if you are exposed to it too much. Whether you are young or old you should always take the right precautions to keep yourself protected. Did you know the sun is the brightest between the hours of 10AM and 3PM? I try to keep myself out of the sun as much as possible during those hours! Being a mommy..I really try to keep my little guy protected as well! How do you help to keep yourself protected from the sun? Check out my tips and tricks below:
- Mix 1 tablespoon aloe and 1 tablespoon coconut oil to apply to skin after being out in the sun. This will help with any redness or irration caused by the high heat.
- Instead of using your regular SPF moisturizer, try applying a light coat of coconut oil on your skin before applying make-up. Coconut oil is a natural sunscreen, it blocks about 20% of UV rays when applied. – www.healthextremist.com
- Apply coconut oil to your lips when out in the sun for moisture and SPF. Believe it or not but your lips can get sunburned so why not apply something that tastes good to them?
- If you do get sunburned, apply coconut oil to burned areas. The anti-inflammatory properties m ay help to reduce redness and any pain associated with the burn.
- When/if your burn turns to tan, help your tan last longer by moisturizing with coconut oil! When Kayla participates in her shows she enjoys using coconut oil after to increase the life of her golden tan!
Of course coconut oil may not help everyone with their sunburns but it’s worth a shot because it is a natural and easy remedy! If you still don’t believe me that coconut oil can help with sunburn check out Jen’s blog about her personal experience with using coconut oil on her sunburn! Have you ever tried using coconut oil on your burns?