Being that I’m at gym fanatic, I’m always looking for new ways to improve my workouts! On a mission to better my body, I put together the top 5 ways that coconut oil can help you pre and post workout. Let’s take a look at what I found:
- For a hearty morning breakfast, try adding coconut oil into your oatmeal to jumpstart your metabolism in the beginning of the day and suppress hunger until your next meal.
- Try having coconut oil pre-workout to help increase energy and enhance endurance in the gym. Your body uses the medium chain triglycerides in addition to carbohydrates to power exercise.
- Add coconut oil to your protein shake post-workout. The medium chain triglycerides can be used to make up those healthy, mass-building and fat-burning fats.
- To help soothe sore muscles after a strenuous workout, try adding a tablespoon of coconut oil and peppermint oil into a hot bath to soak.
- For both males and females, apply coconut oil on areas of the skin where your muscles are growing the most. This will help moisturize and reduce stretch mark appearance.