Being that I’m a fitness fanatic, I’m always looking for ways to help improve my workouts and different ways to burn fat. I was so excited when Bodybuilding.com came out with a list of the Top 50 Fat Blasting Tips that I just had to share some of the ones I’ve found success with. Ever since I learned about the benefits of coconut oil, I’ve been hooked. Now that this superfood is becoming more popular, I’m pleased to see it made this list! Since there are so many ideas out there I’ve only experimented with some of them, but here are some of my favorite ways to help trim the waistline:
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is the edible oil extracted from the meat of the coconut. This healthy fat is made up of medium chain triglycerides, which are used immediately as an energy source in your body. Unlike other oils that are broken down into fatty acids, coconut oil is processed like a carbohydrate, therefore leaving you with a potential energy boost when consumed. Try my bananas foster protein shake for a pre- or post-workout meal.
- Interval Training – Instead of sticking to the same steady-state cardio, I started to complete intervals, such as sprints, on the treadmill. Interval training is great because you’re constantly switching between high and low intensity, giving your body the chance to burn more calories during each session. I LOVE this concept because you can shorten your sessions, while achieving better results. Check out my tips on the Best Fat Burning Cardio, where Justin Deming, CPT, explains the benefits of performing interval training.
- Eliminate Sugary Drinks – Soda is one drink that should be consumed in moderation. I have seen the best results since I completely cut out all drinks containing sugar. The extra calories and sugar that are found in these drinks will only slow down the weight loss process. Try infusing water with berries or lemons to help eliminate those sugar cravings.
- Eat a Large Breakfast – I know we have always heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I can’t stress how much I live by this motto now. Having a hearty breakfast packed with protein and carbohydrates can help jump-start your morning, keeping you fuller, longer. Try Michelle’s Protein Breakfast Cookie for a great on-the-go meal.
- De-Stress – Holding onto the stress in your life can cause cortisol levels in your body to rise, which is known as the stress hormone. I never knew cortisol can impact your body’s immunity, blood pressure, and weight gain until I experienced it for myself. Now I’ve learned to take time out of the day for myself and take my stress out in the gym. Check out my favorite ways to de-stress and Michelle’s yoga tips that are pretty relaxing, if I do say so myself!