Memorial Day is quickly approaching. Grab your jar of Kelapo coconut oil, there are so many great uses for it on Memorial Day!
1. Grilling – Brush the grates on your grill with coconut oil before grilling your chicken, burgers, or fresh fruit for a healthy and sweet dessert.
2. Red, White, and Blue Dessert – Create a red, white, and blue dessert for your Memorial Day cookout that your guests will love!
3. Vegan Cool Whip – Top your favorite dessert with this recipe for vegan cool whip.
4. Healthy Wraps – Spending the day on your boat? Make these healthy hummus and veggie wraps before you head out, wrap them up, and pack them in a cooler for a light lunch.
5. Frying – If you went fishing on your boat trip, fry your catch of the day in coconut oil instead of the usual vegetable oil. Your fried fish will be slightly sweet and surprisingly light thanks to the coconut oil.
6. Camping – Going camping for the long weekend? Check out our list of our favorite ways to use coconut oil while camping!
7. Get Beachy Hair – Want your hair to have those “just got back from the beach” waves? Fill a spray bottle with warm water, add 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1 teaspoon coconut oil, and a dime size amount of hair gel. Shake until mixed and spray on hair. Then scrunch your hair to create the waves.
8. Shaving – Remember to shave your legs before getting in your bathing suit on Monday! Coconut oil is a great “shaving cream”. So toss out your shaving cream and make sure to shave your legs with coconut oil instead. It moisturizes while you are shaving, so you won’t even need lotion afterwards.
9. Pre-Sun Moisturizer – Before heading out into the sun, rub a small amount of coconut oil onto your skin. This will help keep your skin moisturized and extend the life of your tan.
10. Sun Burn – If you stayed out in the sun a little too long, rub coconut oil over the sunburned areas for relief of the burning and to keep your skin moisturized. Plus, it can help prevent peeling!