Week day mornings are always hectic, especially when you are trying to get the kids up, make their lunch, make their breakfast, and get yourself ready for work. Here are our top 10 easy and healthy breakfasts to whip up in the mornings before you send the kids on their way to school.
1. Make a batch of our homemade granola the night before and serve it on top of greek yogurt with fresh fruit.
2. Whip up some of Sara Snow’s coconut zucchini muffins over the weekend and serve with a glass of orange juice in the mornings.
3. Stir a spoonful of Kelapo into a steaming hot bowl of oatmeal and fresh berries.
4. Use Kelapo instead of butter to make the perfect scrambled eggs.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of Kelapo to your morning smoothie for an extra energy boost.
6. Make your own homemade, all-natural peanut butter and spread on toast or a whole grain waffle.
7. Whip up a quick batch of our protein pancakes. Be sure to spread coconut oil on top instead of butter.
8. Top a whole wheat tortilla with a hard cooked egg (cooked in coconut oil), a slice of cheese and lean ham, wrap it up and send it with the kids to go.
9. Breakfast casseroles are great and will last a couple of days. Prepare it Sunday night and pop it in the oven when you wake up on Monday. Voila! It will be ready in no time.
10. For all of the moms – Mix Kelapo into your favorite herbal tea, cider, or coffee for a soothing beverage.