As a surprisingly healthy and delicious alternative to vegetable oil, butter, and margarine, all-natural Kelapo extra virgin coconut oil can be used to enhance any recipe, from savory to sweet and everything in between.
Our 10 favorite ideas for using coconut oil for baking:
- Coconut oil makes a rich and flaky pie crust when used instead of butter or shortening.
- Use coconut oil to grease cake pans, cookie sheets, and muffin tins to easily remove baked goods from the pan.
- Combine a tablespoon of coconut oil with 3oz melted chocolate and pour over ice cream or profiteroles for an all-natural magical chocolate shell topping.
- Coconut Oil is Vegan-friendly and perfect for clients with allergies to dairy.
- Use coconut oil to make a rich and fluffy “buttercream” icing without adding trans-fat.
- Coconut oil can be used for sweet pastries, but also compliments savory breads and pizza dough.
- For best results, mix coconut oil into recipe thoroughly before adding cold ingredients, like eggs. Remember, coconut oil solidifies at 76 degrees.
- Coconut oil is great for gluten-free recipes!
- Substitution ratio for butter or oil is 1:1. For instance, instead of ¼ cup of butter, use ¼ cup of coconut oil.
- Pets love coconut oil too! Bake your furry friend some homemade dog treats using coconut oil.