Erin was featured on Daytime TV this morning, making a recipe for Baked Stuffed Apples! We highly recommend this recipe that Kevin aka Fit Men Cook, created for us. These apples are great to bring to a Thanksgiving gathering, or even for a warm dessert at home. Let’s see why Kevin decided to create this delicious dish:
If you’re like me, cakes and pies over the holidays are your downfall. Just one bite of cake “unleashes the beast” that you rarely like to uncover, especially in front of guests. But, just because you will not indulge in cakes this year does not mean you still cannot enjoy an amazing dessert to satisfy that sweet tooth. Try this easy recipe of stuffed baked apples made even better with Kelapo coconut oil.
The coconut oil serves two purposes in this recipe: (1) it acts as a better substitute for butter, providing good healthy fats for your diet; and also (2) the flavor brings out more of the sweetness of the dried berries and tastes even more amazing with the raw organic honey. As soon as you.
pop this in the oven, your house will smell like your favorite local bakery, but without all the guilt. Just add some Greek yogurt mixed with a little vanilla extract and honey and you’re good to go! Guaranteed delicious-ness. Boom.
Ingredients for 5 stuffed apples:
- 5 gala apples
- 2/3 cup instant oats (I used instant toasted oats)
- 1/8 cup dried blueberry (or naturally dried fruit of your choice)
- 1/2 cup raw walnut halves
- 2 tbsp Kelapo coconut oil
- 1/8 cup raw, organic honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- lemon wedge (NOT for the recipe)
1-minute tutorial video: Click Here
- Set oven to 375F.
- Core your apples by using a corer or grapefruit knife. Then take a grapefruit knife or pairing knife and make a larger hole by carving out the sides. Do not go all the way through the apple.
- Rub the lemon wedge along the insides of the apples to keep them from browning.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly together using a spatula. Ensure there is no dry oatmeal. If the oatmeal is still dry, add 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Spoon the contents of the bowl into the hallowed out apples. Pack it in tight and then stack on top of the apple.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top has browned.
Approx macros for 1 of 5 apples: 256 calories, 3g protein, 41g carbs, 12g fat
-Kevin from Fit Men Cook
Make sure to follow me on Instragram @Fitmencook for more recipe ideas!