Sweet potatoes are a favorite food of mine that I don’t get a chance to eat all of the time. Whether it be mashed sweet potatoes or sweet potato fries, I enjoy every bite. I like making sweet potato fries because it’s an added veggie to get into my son’s diet. He is a big fan of french fries however I feel that sweet potatoes are a healthier alternative because they are filled with vitamins and fiber. You can make the sweet potato fries however you would like. I chose to make the following recipe with a bit of a spicy side!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Kelapo coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Peel sweet potatoes to remove the skins. Slice into 1/4-inch long slices, then 1/4-wide inch strips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and in a large bowl, soak sweet potatoes in cold water for 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from cold water and pat dry.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and coat with coconut oil. Sprinkle the dry seasonings onto the potatoes.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until tender, turning about halfway through baking.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.