Brownies are one of my all-time favorite desserts, yet I rarely make them at home. With summer around the corner and everything s’mores being displayed on my local grocery shelves; I have definitely been craving the two. So guess what I decided to do?! Combine the best of both and make s’mores brownies. Yes, I did just say s’mores brownies. This dessert is definitely decadent and not one to consume on a day that you are watching your calories. I’m a firm believer in allowing yourself a sweet cheat meal every so often, so this is exactly what I made these for.
Instead of using the traditional vegetable oil that brownie mixes call for, I’ll be replacing this with coconut oil. I personally love how coconut oil enhances the flavor of the chocolate and makes these brownies moist and chewy. For this recipe or any others, you simply replace the butter or oil with coconut oil in a 1:1 ratio. Here’s what you’ll need:
1 package brownie mix
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup water
1 large egg
4 cups miniature marshmallows, divided into 2 cup portions
4 graham crackers, cut into small pieces
1 bar Hershey’s milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9-inch baking pan with Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray.
- Next, prepare the brownie mix according to the packaging, using coconut oil, water, and 1 egg. Stir 2 cups of the miniature marshmallows into the brownie mixture.
- Layer brownie batter into your pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out completely clean when placed in the middle of the batter.
- Once finished, cool brownies for about 5 to 10 minutes and start to sprinkle the remaining marshmallows on the top. Next, add crushed graham crackers to the top, making sure to cover the whole pan evenly.
- Broil brownies for around 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until marshmallows are golden brown. Make sure to keep a close eye on this step so your brownies don’t burn.
- Add Hershey’s chocolate pieces to the warm top to melt them just enough before serving. Let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
I absolutely love the way you get a chewy brownie, melted marshmallows throughout, and crispy marshmallows, graham crackers and melted chocolate all in one – YUM! I promise you this dessert will give you a chocolate fix and satisfy your sweet craving. For more s’mores inspired desserts, be sure to check out my chocolate graham cracker cupcakes and Jen’s frosty s’mores cups.