I’m not a huge fan of shrimp, it’s one of those foods that I have to be in the mood for if that makes any sense? My husband calls me crazy for it but sometimes I’m just not a huge seafood fanatic, however he loves it! I decided to incorporate a few of our favorite foods into a pasta dish and it turned out quite tasty. It’s another one of my quick and easy meals, I find them great since I work full-time and I have a toddler running around destroying the house while I try to cook! Sound familiar to anyone?
1/2 lb uncooked shrimp
1/2 lb asparagus
1/4 jar of store-bought alfredo sauce; I’m not talented enough to make my own…yet!
4 oz uncooked pasta; we like to use the hidden veggie kind.
3 tablespoons Kelapo Coconut Oil; divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Add 3 cups of water to a pan on medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, allow water to boil. Add pasta.
- Place skillet on stove on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Add Alfredo sauce to a small pan and place on low heat.
- Add in shrimp, season with garlic powder and begin to saute. Once shrimp has begun to turn pink add in asparagus.
- Continue cooking until your shrimp is no longer translucent and asparagus is a bright green color.
- Once pasta is fork tender, drain and return to pan.
- Incorporate all ingredients together, top with oregano and parmesan cheese.
I remember making this for dinner and it looked SO good and I was so excited to eat it. I shrimp was delicious with the added garlic powder that just gave it a slight kick of flavor. Also, since we cooked the shrimp in coconut oil it tasted very light and fresh; not heavy like other oils tend to do. Asparagus is mine and my hubby’s favorite veggie so this was a great dish. The asparagus was so crunchy, just the way we like it!
If you don’t care for seafood try making this dish with sliced chicken breast. I like to reinvent dishes I have previously made to make them a bit different for future meals and I feel like I can do that with this dish. Instead of using an alfredo sauce I could try to make a light lemon cream sauce. I feel like lemon always tastes great on any kind of seafood from salmon to scallops!
What is your favorite seafood meal? Have you ever tried recreating your favorite restaurant meal at home?