If you are like me and Pete, then you are constantly craving Mexican food. I found a great recipe for homemade fajita seasoning that doesn’t contain all of the artificial ingredients that the store bought packets do. I mix up large batches of this seasoning and keep it in a tupperware to make this week night dinner even easier. To mix it up a little, substitute the chicken with steak or pork.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Mix all ingredients together and place in air-tight container until ready to use.
Chicken Fajitas (serves 2)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 lg. onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Kelapo coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix (recipe above)
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 small flour or wheat tortillas
- desired toppings (cheese, sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, etc)
Heat coconut oil in large saute pan. Add sliced chicken, peppers, and onions. Cook until chicken is almost cooked all the way through.
Add seasoning mix and water. Stir until well mixed. Continue to cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
Heat tortillas according to package directions.
Top tortillas with chicken, peppers, onions, and any desired toppings. Serve with a salad or mexican rice. Enjoy!