When the sweet tooth hits, it hits HARD! I can’t seem to get enough of anything. One trick I’ve learned is to savor something small, which satisfies my craving without wrecking my diet. Which got me thinking, and hunting on Pinterest, there should be a bite sized dessert I can grab on the go but it still a little good for me. Then I found the picture, frozen chocolate-covered peanut butter banana bites.
Bananas do have some natural sugar, but are also packed with potassium. Peanut butter, well you can’t really go wrong with peanut butter. I always opt for the natural kind to avoid any added ingredients. For the chocolate, I chose a high quality dark chocolate packed with flavonoids and melted it with coconut oil. The coconut oil makes it taste so amazing, and helps it freeze, not to mention the fact it help curb my sugar cravings!
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp. Kelapo Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
1. In microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate and coconut oil for about 30 seconds in microwave. Stir and repeat in 15 second intervals until completely melted.
2. Meantime, peel and slice banana into half-inch disks.
3. Top each slice with a dab of peanut butter.
4. Place banana on a fork and dip into melted chocolate, completely covering the entire thing. Repeat for all pieces.
5. Place chocolate covered bites on parchment paper lined cookie sheet in freezer until chocolate has hardened. Then move to a freezer-safe container and enjoy with the craving hits.