How was everyone’s weekend? I had a great weekend; my husband and I were both off so we got a lot of family time in! The fall season is beginning to roll in, and pumpkin everything is coming back! On Sunday, I made pumpkin pancakes and they were they delicious! Check out my ingredients and recipe:
For the pancakes:
1 cup of pancake mix (I used our local store brand)
1/3 cup of water
For the pumpkin mix:
1/2 can of pumpkin
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
1 – 2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
- In a medium bowl combine the pancake mix and the water, stir until blended
- In a small bowl combine the canned pumpkin and 1 to 2 eggs, whisk together.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Mix in 2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon, whisk together until creamy.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the pancake batter. (This is based on your preference of how much pumpkin flavor you like)
- Place a skillet on medium heat and spray with Kelapo Coconut Oil Spray.
- Pour your batter into the skillet, forming the pancakes. Continue until your batter is gone.
These pancakes had such a distinct pumpkin flavor that you didn’t need to use any syrup. I served bacon with my pancakes, but they would taste great with fresh fruit as well. This was a serious hit in my family and I look forward to the next time I get to make these!
Have you tried incorporating pumpkin into some of your favorite dishes? Let us know by leaving a comment or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.