Potatoes are an easy side dish for dinner time but do you ever get bored of plain old potatoes? I do, so I enjoy adding different ingredients to spice them up and make them less boring! Recently, I bought a large bag of red potatoes at the grocery store ,so my hubby told me that we better be eating potatoes every night so they wouldn’t go bad. At first, I panicked a little bit because I thought how could I incorporate potatoes into every meal? But after making last night’s side dish, I knew it would be easy to make them every other night or so! Let’s take a look at my no fail recipe!
5 red potatoes
1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Slice potatoes into desired size; I cut mine into quarters.
- Add 3 cups of water to a large pot. Add coconut oil to water and bring to a boil.
- When water comes to a boil, add potatoes. Boil for about 13 minutes.
- When potatoes are fork tender, drain and return to pot.
- Spray potatoes generously with Kelapo Coconut Oil Spray and add sea salt, pepper, parsley, garlic salt, paprika, and cinnamon.
- Mix spices to evenly coat all potatoes. Serve!
These potatoes came out so perfectly! I served them with delicious BBQ chicken that I made in the crock pot and the two foods complimented each other very well. My hubby liked the potatoes so much he even asked what I did to them to make them taste so good! Have you ever used coconut oil on your starches before, instead of butter? If you haven’t, please try it I promise you will not regret it!
If you have other additional spices that you enjoy, feel free to add them to this dish. We personally enjoy the ones I listed and I probably added a bit more then the recipe because that is to our liking. Are you wondering why I added cinnamon? It’s my secret ingredient to a lot of my dishes! I feel like a dash of cinnamon gives food a unique taste and I haven’t had any bad experiences with it yet! What will you serve your perfect potatoes with?