During my last bikini competition, one of my teammates had a brand of peanut butter with her called PB Crave in Cookie Nookie. After finding out this was a chocolate chip cookie dough flavor with honey and chocolate chips, I was hooked! Needless to say, the heaping spoonful I had after walking off stage was just as amazing as I imagined. Last night, I decided to make peanut butter cookies with the remainder. Of course, you may use any type of peanut butter desired. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 coconut oil (1 baking stick), room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a medium bowl, beat the coconut oil for about a minute, until it’s at a creamy consistency. Add the sugars and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Next, mix in the peanut butter and egg.
2. In a separate medium bowl, mix all your dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt).
3. Transfer the dry ingredient mixture into the first bowl and stir well.
4. Take the finished dough, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Shape the dough into 1 ¼ inch balls and place about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Flatten the dough in a crisscross pattern with a fork and place in the oven to bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
7. Cool on the baking sheet for about a minute and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
If you’re like me and absolutely love chocolate, remember that you can always add chocolate chips to the dough to give your cookies an extra treat!