When I was younger I used to love helping my mom bake Christmas cookies throughout the holiday season. My favorites were always chocolate crackles and peanut butter blossoms. Alison can’t get enough of these cookies either. This is always her first request for her mom to bake when she goes home for a visit. Add these to your next holiday gathering, everyone loves chocolate and peanut butter!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup Kelapo coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration
- 1 (9 ounce) bag milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and stir in the milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to12 minutes in the preheated oven. Press a chocolate kiss into each cookie during the last 30 seconds of baking time. Allow to cool completely; the kiss will harden as it cools.