If you can’t tell, I love peaches! Any chance I get I will make a peach dessert (peach cobbler bars were amazing!) especially since they are in season. Last weekend I saw a recipe for Peach Crisp that I had to try my hand at. I just happened to have all of the ingredients already in my kitchen.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- 5 whole To 6 Whole Fresh Peaches (best when not overly ripe or refrigerated – keep them at room temperature, they are much easier to peel this way, trust me!)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Kelapo coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 whole Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons honey
In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt using a fork or pastry cutter. Cut coconut oil into small pieces and gradually add to flour mixture until evenly mixed.
Peel peaches into a bowl. Add the zest from half a lemon. Squeeze juice from lemon half and stir in with peaches and zest. Add 2 tablespoons real maple syrup to peaches, stir well.
Pour peach mixture into a small pan (8” or 9” square) and cover evenly with crumb topping.
Cover with foil and bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until crisp and brown on top.