Breakfast is one of the most important meals for me. Fueling your body with nutrients is essential for starting the day off right. With mornings being rushed, most people forget to make a meal or grab something quick to eat. Instead of having to worry about making breakfast each morning, I decided to make grab-and-go protein packed turkey, egg white, and sweet potato “muffins” that are filling and nutritious. I used coconut oil as a base to brown my ground turkey, which left a great flavor! I love incorporating coconut oil into any breakfast item for a source of energy and fullness. This recipe is perfect for those following the Paleo diet and those who need a high protein intake. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
1 package lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon Kelapo Coconut Oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Black pepper, to taste
2 sweet potatoes
3 cups egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pan add coconut oil, garlic, and turkey to brown over medium-high heat. Season with pepper and any additional seasonings of your liking. Set aside once finished.
- Wash and steam sweet potatoes in a Ziploc Steam Bag for 8 minutes, or until soft. Let cool and remove the skin from both. Chop sweet potatoes into small chunks and set aside.
- Next, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray with Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray.
- Add sweet potato chunks and turkey into each individual muffin tin. Pour egg whites over each one, leaving about ½ inch room at the top.
- Place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes and enjoy!
You can also incorporate additional sweet potato chunks to the top for added flavor and color. I did a half and half mixture with the “muffins” in my picture, so some do not have sweet potato in them. You can do the same depending on your taste. Sometimes I’ll have just the egg white and turkey muffins for protein and have oatmeal with coconut oil for my carbohydrates. Feel free to use red potatoes if you’re not a fan of sweet potatoes and you can also switch up the proteins depending on your diet. These can be kept in the refrigerator and heated up the next morning, which is a wonderful convenience factor. For another Paleo breakfast idea, try our cranberry orange scones. These are great for on the go as well!