Feet! Those babies are probably the most stressed out part of our body and yet they are really the most neglected. I mean, how often do you wrap your feet in love and take the time to truly pamper those hard working little slivers of stability?
One of my goals for the remainder of this year was to give my feet the attention they deserve. So I created a 4 step foot pampering routine that I am committed to doing twice a month. It is a small sacrifice to care for a pretty important part of my body!
I whipped up four different coconut oil based products that provide deep nourishment, revitalization, relaxation, and moisturizing to those hard working feet! You can double or triple the recipes if you wish to use more of the product or pamper your feet more often! It keeps for a long time.
Make sure that you make all of these feet pampering products in advance. You will use them one after another during your feet pampering party!
Operation “Pamper Your Feet”
The Foot Soak
- 1 teaspoon Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup of Epson salts or magnesium flakes
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree oil
- Find a quite spot where you can truly get a 60 minute window of rest and relaxation.
- Grab a bowl or container that is large enough to accommodate your feet.
- Lay a towel on the floor, fill the container with warm water, add all the ingredients, and mix around for a bit.
- Sit back, place your feet in the foot soak, and let your mind wander for 30 minutes.
Before you remove your feet from the soak, move on to part 2 of Operation “Pamper Your Feet.”
The Foot Scrub
- 2 cups of sugar (raw or refined are both fine. Raw will be a little more intense in terms of texture.)
- 1 cup sea salt
- ½ cup Kelapo Coconut Oil, melted
- 10 drops vanilla essential oil OR 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil (optional)
- Mix ingredients together by adding them one at a time in a large bowl.
- If needed, add more dry or liquid ingredients to get the consistency you desire. I like mine scrub to be a bit more liquidy.
- Lift one foot out of the foot soak and place a palm sized amount of foot scrub on the top of your foot.
- Spread it around your foot then using a little elbow grease, start working on those rough or callused areas. Apply enough pressure to loosen dead skin without causing injury.
- Once your foot feels “scrubbed smooth” place it back in the foot soak and gently rub off any remaining scrub so that is disperses into the water.
- Repeat with the other foot.
Fill a glass jar with the extra sugar scrub and seal with lid. Keeps for several months at room temperature.
The TLC Foot Mask
Words cannot describe how luxurious your feet will feel after they have enjoyed the nourishment of this incredibly simple foot mask.
- 4 tablespoons of Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Plastic bag/saran wrap
- Fill a small saucepan to the mid-point with water and bring to a rolling bowl.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, add a heat safe glass jar or cup to the water in the pan, and stir in the coconut and honey until melted.
- Remove the pan from the stove (turn off the stove).
- Bring the saucepan with the glass jar still inside to your “pampering location.” Place it within reach.
- Remove feet from foot soak and gently towel dry.
- Slather each foot in the coconut oil and honey mask.
- Wrap each foot in saran wrap or a plastic bag. The idea is to trap the heat and moisture inside.
- Leave the mask on your feet for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes is up, carefully walk over to your sink or bathtub and wet a washcloth with warm water.
- Go back to your foot soak, remove your plastic wrap or bags, place feet in the water, and use the washcloth to gently remove the coconut oil and honey from your feet.
- If necessary, change out your water to new, clean, warm water.
- Towel dry gently and thoroughly.
You would hate to spend all of that time pampering your feet and then leave them hanging! Your rejuvenated feet need that finishing touch to send them off into soft and silky foot bliss!
- 1/4 cup shea butter or cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 ounce piece of beeswax, grated or 1/2 ounce of beeswax pellets
- 20 drops total of your favorite essential oil or a combination of essential oils. (I happen to love lavender and lemongrass together!)
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over very low heat.
- Stir continuously until melted.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 5 minutes, then add the essential oils.
- Pour the foot lotion into a clean glass jar with a lid.
- Massage a small amount into your feet to moisturize.
- Cover your feet with wool socks or 100% cotton socks to help lock in the moisture!
And now, your feet are ready to take on the world!
Do you ever pamper your feet? Think you might try carving out an hour once a month to show some love and appreciation for those hard working feet? They will thank you!