Many people think you shouldn’t wash your face with oil, but I beg to differ! I came across the Oil-Cleansing Method about two weeks ago and I love it. At first, I will admit, I was a little hesitant to wash my face with oil but as I read I realized it is not what I expected. I found out you only need a tiny bit of oil because the liquid goes a long way.
- Pour the oil into the palm of your hand (I use about a dime size amount for my face)
- Massage the oil deeply into your pores.
- Once you are satisfied with the oil coverage run your wash cloth under warm water.
- Squeeze excess water off of washcloth and place on your face. Allow the washcloth to cool before removing it.
- Wipe any excess oil from your face and remember to pat your face clean, do not rub!
That is my technique for oil cleansing and it works wonders! I like to wash my face like this every night but it is your choice on how often you like to use this method.
Cleansing my face like this leaves my face feeling so fresh and moisturized. I wake up the next morning and still have that same fresh feeling. I have never had the best skin and usually wear make-up to try to “hide” the blemishes, but after washing my face like this I have changed my ways! I no longer feel the need to wear liquid foundation or concealer because my face is much more clear. Have you tried washing your face with oil? Let us know your results!