This is one of my favorite recipes. I learned it in my 8th grade home economics class and have been using it ever since. My friends and family actually request it for gatherings and events! It’s a simple, quick recipe that you can use year round.
1 (15 ounce) bag Oreo cookies (I always like the double stuffed)
½ cup Kelapo Coconut oil
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
1 (6 ounce) package of instant chocolate pudding mix (it is very important that it is instant pudding)
2 ¼ cups milk (this is your choice, but I use almond milk original)
- Set aside 5-6 Oreos that will later be used as topping
- Crush the Oreo cookies and place the crushed cookies in a 13″x9″ in. baking pan. I found the easiest way to do this is by hand, but if you don’t want to get messy you can always put the cookies in a plastic Ziploc bag then crush them
- Make sure the ½ cup of Kelapo Coconut Oil is in liquid form and pour it over the crushed Oreos
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with confectioners sugar then slowly add HALF of the Cool Whip topping; mix until smooth
- Spread the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and Cool Whip mix over the crushed cookie layer
- In a clean bowl combine milk with instant pudding mix; beat well, until smooth and pour over the last layer
- Spread remainder of Cool Whip topping on top of pudding layer
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top of the Cool Whip
- Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve
**Like Vanilla more than chocolate? You can always substitute the chocolate Oreos with Golden Oreos and the chocolate instant pudding with vanilla instant pudding!
Also, for the holidays I usually add a little bit of peppermint flavoring to the cream cheese mixture and use the limited holiday edition Peppermint Oreos. It adds just a little bit of holiday spirit to an already delicious dessert.
Leslee is new to the Coconut Oil Cooking team! She will be brining you all new recipes and ideas reguarly, so keep checking back!