Check out this guy!
He’s just one of the many bodybuilders we’ve heard about who swears by using coconut oil. Clearly, he is doing something right! In honor of Men’s Health Month and Father’s Day, (Hi Dad! Can’t wait to see you tomorrow!) we’ve dedicated June’s Muffin Top Monday to our favorite guys everywhere. We can’t promise that your results will be as good as Dave Bohr, but we can promise that today’s muffins are chocked full of guy-friendly goodness!
Cinnamon Apple High Protein Muffins
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup Oat Bran
6 Egg Whites
1/2 scoop (15g) of Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 teaspoon of Splenda
1 tbsp of Kelapo Coconut Oil
1 diced Apple
2 Tbsp of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1. In a blender, mix all the ingredients (except for the diced apple), blend until the mix thickens
2. Add the diced apple and stir
3. Poor the mix in muffin liners or greased muffin cooking pan (with coconut oil of course). Cook at 350 degrees F about 30 minutes or until cooked through.
* The recipe only makes 3 muffins, so I quadrupled it and added a crumbly topping made with Kelapo. Yum! Enjoy!
– Recipe adapted from The Muscle Cookbook
– AR & JR