My favorite cuisine is Italian. I love the sauce, the cheese and everything in between! My all time favorite is pizza which is probably one of the most unhealthiest options for you. I opt to make it healthier from time to time and have found a great resolution to this: eggplant pizza. At first, you may be a little skeptic about using eggplant instead of dough, but it actually comes out very tasty, especially cooked with coconut oil.
1 eggplant; peeled and cut into half-inch thick slices
4 teaspoons Kelapo Coconut Oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup pasta sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook until browned, about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce of each eggplant slice and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
This recipe is great for days like today when the Big Game is on and your looking for a quick and easy recipe. It also eliminates unnecessary grease from your diet while bringing a good source of fiber, vitamin B and healthy fats from the eggplant and coconut oil. This would also be a good recipe for kids who are picky eaters since it is just their size. You can get also get creative with this recipe and add your favorite healthy toppings to make this a more hearty ‘pizza’.
What is your favorite football meal?