Liam Hemsworth is one of the hottest actors in Hollywood right now and in the August issue of InStyle Magazine he opened up about his dieting and cooking with coconut oil.
Liam is a fan of the Paleo diet which is a high fat, low or no carb diet, “Well, if I’m losing or gaining weight for a role, I try to stick to a Paleo diet–meat, vegetables, and fruit, nothing processed.”
Liam also mentioned what he enjoys cooking and what he cooks with, “I don’t cook that much anymore, but I like doing stir-fries and pastas, or I’ll coat shrimp with shredded coconut and fry them in coconut oil….I cook a bunch of things in coconut oil. I feel it’s generally healthier than other oils.”
Want to cook like Liam? If so here is a coconut shrimp recipe we think he would love!
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 lb. shrimp
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp. Kelapo Coconut Oil
- Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels and dip each shrimp into the egg mixture, and immediately roll the shrimp in the shredded coconut. Make sure the shrimp is well covered.
- Repeat step 2 to 3 above for the remaining shrimp.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium heat and coat with coconut oil. When oil is hot, place shrimp in the pan and cook until golden brown. Be careful as oil may splatter.
- Place the shrimp in the sauce pan and cook until both sides turn golden brown.
- Transfer the shrimp out, onto a serving ware lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately.