Laura Prepon, star of the new Chelsea Handler series, Are You There, Chelsea? and former star of That 70’s Show recently appeared in Shape Magazine. She shared her 10 best fitness secrets and it included coconut oil! Read all 10 tips below and pay close attention to number 5!
10 Fun Fitness Facts with Laura Prepon
1. She loves spinning classes with Andrea Lawent at Made in LA Fitness. “Her night classes are so great!” Prepon says. “She turns off all the lights, puts on candles and plays incredible rock music so you get into the zone…you forget you’re working out and it’s just awesome.”
2. She runs with her 135 lb. dog. “He’s huge and has the perfect gait for me since I have long legs,” the actress reveals. “We’ll go running together and it’s a great workout for both of us.”
3. She’s obsessed with New Balance’s Vibram barefoot shoes. “They’re so incredible! I’ve been running with them a lot lately,” the spunky star says.
4. She’s an extremely healthy eater. “I eat super clean and am always watching what I eat,” the tenacious TV star admits. “I always have really fresh, hormone-free, additive-free chicken, healthy veggies and brown rice in the fridge to grab because I’m always on the go.”
5. She loves all things coconut. “I’m cooking a lot with coconut oil right now, and I also love coconut water,” Prepon says.
6. She works out every day. “I’m the type of person that will do triple sessions in one day,” the tall thespian reveals. “I’ll do Pilates, I’ll do spinning, and then I’ll go to the gym and do weights —which is insane.”
7. She’s the former Queen-of-Fad-Diets. “The worst diets are ones that restrict your calories too much and try to trick your body. You have no energy and it’s ridiculous,” Prepon says. “Really smart eating programs like the Zone are so much better because you’re fueling your body right. You have to stay healthy and take care of yourself long-term.”
8. She’s not a fan of stretching or Bikram Yoga. “I tried Bikram Yoga once…I literally walked in and 5 minutes later I walked out! It was just not my thing,” Prepon admits.
9. She just started a new program with fitness expert Jason Ferruggia. “So far, I really love it!” Prepon boasts. “It’s a program where you’re eating more throughout the day to build metabolism – he’s all about how the body evolves.”
10. Her fitness role models are Nicole Kidman and Gwyneth Paltrow. “I love long, lean ballerina type bodies, but I can also totally appreciate strong, healthy, gorgeous shapes like Jessica Biel and Evangeline Lilly,” she says.