Happy National French Fries Day! We are celebrating here at Kelapo by eating lots of Chef Cristian’s french fries with garlic and parsley. These aren’t your normal, everyday french fries. They are healthy! Instead of fried they are baked with Kelapo Coconut Oil brushed on for a hint of coconutty flavor. Try Chef Cristian’s recipe, you will be amazed at how delicious this simple recipe is!
An aromatic twist on the all-American French Fry!
Yields: 4 Servings
– 6 Large Baking Potatoes
– 3 Tbsp of Kelapo Virgin Coconut Oil
– 1/2 Cup Chopped Parsley
– 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
– Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
– Sea Salt
1. Pre-Heat oven to 400.
2. Peel the potatoes, rinse them under cold water, dry them, and cut them into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch sticks.
3. Spread the french fries onto a non-stick baking sheet. Spread the Kelapo virgin coconut oil over the potatoes. Roast them in the oven until the potatoes are golden brown and soft on the inside; 25 to 40 minutes. Take the French fries out of the oven and turn them once half way through cooking to ensure even roasting
4. Mince some parsley and garlic. Set aside.
5. When the French fries are ready, sprinkle them with the chopped parsley, minced garlic, fresh ground black pepper and sea salt. Enjoy!