I love baking but unfortunately I don’t get to do it as much as I may like to. When I do have the rare opportunity, I take advantage and make some delicious recipes. A favorite dish of mine to bake is zucchini bread! I love the flavor and the simplicity of making it. With mother’s day coming up I am looking forward to making this recipe for my own mother. I feel that the personal “gifts” are the ones that are most appreciated!
- Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or another nut of your preference
- Spray with coconut oil cooking spray and dust with flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center of the bread and comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Serve warm, if desired, with melted coconut oil spread on top.
This is the perfect recipe to have available for weekend mornings. When served warm with a nice cup of coffee or cold milk you’ll be in food heaven during breakfast time! This is also a great recipe for a quick breakfast on the go during the week when the kids are going to school and you’re headed to work. Also, as I mentioned before, this would be a great gesture for Mother’s Day. Sometimes we take for granted all of the things our moms have done for us especially as we get older so it’s nice to show your appreciation with a homemade gift. Plus, since this recipe is made with coconut oil, she’ll love the recipe even more because of the flavor and moisture that the oil brings out in the cake.