Today is the first day of Autumn! The weather is beginning to change… well in Florida it went from days averaging high 90’s to the low 90’s. I get so excited at the first sign of the weather changing. Excited for the holidays, cooler weather, pulling out my sweaters, and most of all the seasonal cooking! I have seen many bloggers already posting fall themed recipes that include pumpkin, spice cakes, and sweet potatoes. But if you haven’t already, get out all of your fall ingredients and decorations! I love sweet potatoes year round, so I decided to make these easy, homemade sweet potato fries and save it for today.
Sweet Potato Fries
Kelapo coconut oil, to coat
6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into steak fries
2 teaspoons salt
garlic powder, to taste
cinnamon, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put cut fries into large ziploc bag with coconut oil, salt, garlic powder, and cinnamon. Shakes to coat.
3. Place fries onto baking sheet evenly spaced apart.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, flip fries, and bake for another 10 minutes.
5. Bake until golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Try one of our dipping sauces served at the Fancy Food Show!