Homemade pizza is always delicious and something fun to make. The best part is that you can choose what toppings you want to add on top! We enjoy making homemade pizza because my husband and I like different toppings; I prefer pepperoni and feta while he enjoys ham and mushrooms. An easy fix to this making a pizza with half of his favorites and half of my favorites, simple!
My husband works as a baker so he bakes breads daily and works with different kinds of dough. A few weeks ago I made spaghetti and served it with sourdough garlic bread…he thought I was crazy! “Who makes garlic bread with sourdough bread?” were his exact words. I personally thought it was delicious! It was a little different, but hey who cares! So when he decided to make this pizza he brought home sourdough instead of Italian dough, how thoughtful :). Here is our recipe for homemade pizza made with all of our favorites:
- 1 lb. of pizza dough or a dough of your choice
- 1 jar of pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 8 oz of shredded monterey jack and colby cheese (a specific mix found at our local grocery store)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 package of mushrooms
- 4 slices of packaged deli ham
- Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Kelapo Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Let dough sit out at room temperature for about 2 hours before baking. This will help make the dough easier to roll out.
- Once your dough has risen, spray a baking sheet with Kelapo Coconut Cooking Oil Spray.
- Use a rolling pin to roll your dough to the desired thickness and shape and place on baking sheet. Remember to keep the edges thick if you like crust on your pizza.
- Pour sauce onto pizza dough and spread with a spoon to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix mushrooms and Kelapo Coconut Oil together so all mushrooms are lightly coated. This will help mushrooms from drying out in the oven.
- Coat the top of pizza with cheese and all toppings.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble and crust begins to brown.
I don’t mean to brag, but this came out fantastic! My half was topped with pepperoni, feta and the blend of cheeses. It came out SO tasty; better than any of the pizza joints around town! The crust was the perfect thickness and I savored every bite. James, my hubby, said that the mushrooms turned out wonderful and only had a slight hint of the taste of coconut oil. I’m not a huge mushroom fan but I tried a bite and they were better than I’ve have tasted before!
Have you ever tried to make your own pizza at home? Let us know how it turned it!