I love my dogs and I would be the first to admit that they part of the family. Since they are part of the family, I want them to be taken care of too. In the past, we have posted the Top 5 Coconut Oil Uses for Pets and We’re Coconuts for our Pups which is another homemade treat recipe!
This weekend we shared our love of animals with one of our newer stores Groovy Cats & Dogs at their 3rd annual Natural Paws-a-Palooza!
For the event we baked Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats!
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
1 cup milk
2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder
- In another different bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead
- Roll dough to ¼ inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown
They seemed to be a big hit with all the dogs at the event! Let us know if you try this recipe for your four-legged friend.
Recipe adapted from: Bullwrinkle.com