What better way to treat mom on Mother’s Day than breakfast in bed! I know that I would personally love that, as most days I’m the one who gets up with our son bright and early. Instead of making the traditional breakfast of eggs, pancakes and toast, try getting a little creative this Mother’s Day with pancake muffins. I know that it sounds, well interesting, but I’m sure that it will stand to be a big hit with your significant other or your mother. The recipe ties in all of the delicious breakfast flavors into one, easy to make pancake muffins!
• ½ cup Pancake mix, dry
• 1/3 cup almond milk, or milk of your choice
• ¼ cup sugar free caramel syrup or sugar free pancake syrup
• Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
• Toppings of your liking: Cooked Bacon, Cooked Sausage, or fruit
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix pancake mix, milk, and syrup until well combined.
3. Pour batter into a non-stick 12 cup mini muffin tin and spray with Kelapo spray. Fill about ¾ of the way up.
4. Place desired toppings on each muffin as desired. Try making delicious combinations!
5. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Serve with warmed syrup.
I really love this recipe because it is so simple for dads and kids to make! This is also the perfect way get a healthy breakfast if you’re a family on the go. You could make these babies on Sunday morning and then freeze the rest for breakfast the next few days. All you would need to do was pop a couple in the microwave for 30 seconds and they are ready to go. I enjoy making these because the possibilities of toppings are endless, you could even get creative and make a sausage, blueberry, banana muffin. Although, that doesn’t sound the best it may turn out to be delicious! This recipe is also great if you are following a vegan or vegetarian diet because you can omit the meat, using only the fruit toppings, and use almond milk or soy milk!