Happy National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! Celebrate by making this all natural peanut butter instead of the sugary, processed peanut butter found in the stores. Use the peanut butter to make some of our past recipes: peanut butter blossoms, fluffer nutters, homemade dog treats, or peanut butter pie!
Homemade Peanut Butter
Prep time: about 10 minutes
- 1½ c. unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- food processor (you’ll need help from your adult assistant)
- mixing spoon
- storage container
- measuring cups and spoons
For smooth peanut butter:
- Mix the peanuts with the coconut oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
- Process the mixture until it’s very smooth.
- Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
For chunky peanut butter:
- Take about ¼ cup out of your 1½ cups of peanuts and set them aside.
- Mix the rest of the peanuts with the oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
- Process the mixture until it’s very smooth, then stir in the peanuts that you had set aside.
- Process a few seconds more to create the chunks in your chunky peanut butter.
- Store your chunky peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
Serving size: 2 tablespoons