I love the holidays because of all the sweet smells that give your home a great aroma! I’m not a huge fan of burning candles because I have a toddler running around the house so I like to use incense and reed diffusers. I recently came across a recipe for a stove top potpourri and I was very excited to try it. Most of the ingredients were things you already have around the home, so it is inexpensive and makes the house smell oh so delicious!
- One whole orange or orange peel
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 tbsp. whole cloves
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
1. Cut your orange into quarters.
2. Add oranges, cranberries, cloves and cinnamon to a medium saucepan.
3. Fill saucepan with water and add in coconut oil.
4. Place pan on your stove on a low setting and refill the water as needed.
This is a very simple recipe and would be a great holiday gift! The mix will keep the pleasant aroma for weeks! I added coconut oil to give a hint of coconut scent without overpowering the recipe.
What is your favorite scent of the Holiday season?