have never been a fan of any type of fish. When you mention fish I would turn up my nose and assume all fish tasted, well fishy. Over time I have realized that I don’t mind grouper which has a very mild flavor. While I was in my third trimester of pregnancy, my family and I went to lunch and ordered grouper nuggets, they were out of this world. After that occurrence I wanted them all the time so I decided to make them at home!
1 grouper filet; cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup milk
1 1\4 cups flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Whisk milk and egg together. Place grouper in milk mixture and cover. Let stand for 2 to 4 hours.
- Place 2 inches of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium high heat, or you can a deep fryer if you have it. Heat until the oil is hot.
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl with a wide mouth. Remove chicken from mitodure and place each nugget in the flour mixture.
- Using your hands of a large spoon evenly coat each nugget with for mixture.
- Place nuggets in hot pan, not overcrowding, and cook on each side for about a minute.
- Place nuggets on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite tartar sauce.
This is also a toddler friendly meal. As I have mentioned before my toddler is a picky eater but he devours these! These are perfect for a weeknight meal to because the fish and milk mixture can be prepared ahead of time. Enjoy!