Did you know that you have a lot in common with your refrigerator come January 2nd?
Your icebox too has a New Years resolution to lose a few of the pounds it gained over the holiday season… And with the recipe I am about to show you, you will BOTH be on the fast track to achieving your goals!
More than likely your refrigerator’s door keeps popping open thanks to the heaps of leftovers strategically shoved in there (much like the button on your pants perhaps?), however, I have quite the remedy for such an issue… Leftovers pancakes.
No, I’m not talking about breakfast pancakes that are leftover from your breakfast feast yesterday (who on earth has leftover pancakes anyways?). I’m talking about making pancakes with ALL OF YOUR LEFTOVERS… Well, the healthy ones that is (you can ditch those maple syrup drenched ham hocks?).
While you might think it’s odd to combine Brussels sprouts with sweet potatoes, cinnamon, some other staple sides and a touch of stevia… What do you think is happening in your stomach when you eat these things separately? And let’s be real, you’re the type of person who wants to get ALL THE FLAVORS of the holiday in one bite, right?!
Well… Then what are you waiting for… Leftovers pancakes are calling to you, or maybe that’s your fridge begging you to get rid of all the foods you’ve shoved in its cold depths…
Well how about you listen and help your fridge lose the holiday “gain” while you also help yourself thanks to combining a bunch of foods contributing only health promoting properties to your life (i.e. cinnamon, Brussels sprouts, green beans, etc.). Oh and the Kelapo coconut oil these cakes are pan-fried in, will only contribute farther to your weight loss goals as it’s known to rev your metabolism, and I am sure you all know at this point that a fast metabolism helps you burn fat efficiently, even at rest.
Slap your cakes together using these ingredients:
- ½ cup Butternut Squash
- ½ Sweet Potatoes, scooped out of shell
- ¼ cup Brussels Sprouts
- ¼ cup Green Beans
- ½ cup Chestnuts
- Pumpkin Pie Spice, to your taste preferences
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cup Water
- Stevia, to your taste preferences, optional
- 1 TBS Kelapo Coconut Oil
This is how you make the cakes:
- Throw away all your sugar-filled, trans-fat laden holiday dishes.
- Combine all ingredients listed (if you have them) into a bowl, with the eggs and the coconut flour.
- Stir the ingredients and add water.
- Form into patties (much like you would hamburgers).
- Pan sear over medium high heat, on a skillet with the coconut oil.
- Cook pancakes 5 – 7 minutes per side.
- Top with cranberry sauce, sugar-free pancake syrup, powdered stevia or whatever else you have on hand!
Interested in how I whipped up this deliciousness? Check out my video here – https://youtu.be/SgJcAVT2O9E
Cheers to a healthy and happy 2016!.