Coconut oil is great to use in the kitchen, but it’s also great for your hair! We reported that Kourtney Kardashian uses a coconut oil hair mask, Kourtney Kardashian’s Hair Mask, but now I’m going to show you how to use coconut oil for an at home hot oil treatment!
Hot oil treatments keep hair soft and healthy-looking and you only need TWO ingredients!
I have super thin and fine hair, so I did not need a lot of either ingredient. I used 3 tbsp. of coconut oil and 1 tbsp. of honey, but you will need to adjust the amounts based on your hairs length and thickness.
- Measure out your ingredients in a microwaveable bowl
- *Heat your ingredients
- Pour a small amount of the mixture into your hand and massage it into your scalp. Continue adding the mixture until your hair is completely coated
- Using your fingers, comb through your hair to make sure the oil is evenly distributed throughout your hair
- Place a shower cap over your hair and let set for one hour
- Take the cap off and massage your scalp
- **Wash your hair
- Comb and style as usual
*I microwaved the mixture for 1 minute. It is important to note that your mixture should never bubble or steam.
**I had to wash my hair twice to get out all of the oil.
I did this treatment at night and let my hair air-dry after I was done and I’m happy to say that my hair was softer and shinier! I will definitely be doing this at least once a month!
Adapted from: http://www.ehow.com/how_2182609_do-homemade-hot-oil-treatment.html