As a mother, I always enjoying cooking delicious meals for my family. I especially enjoy the meals that are inexpensive to make and have a ton of flavor, who wouldn’t enjoy those?! Eating nutritious meals on a budget can sometimes be tricky, but do some research and pinch pennies where you can! Try buying your produce from produce stands, it tends to taste better and is WAY cheaper than the grocery store. Also, instead of buying chicken breasts for over $3.00 a pound try buying a whole chicken and cooking it at home. I’m going to show you a great recipe for cooking in the crockpot, yummy!
- 1 whole chicken
- Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- Teaspoon of pepper
- Teaspoon of paprika
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- Place your crockpot on high heat and spray with Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray.
- Place your whole chicken into the crockpot and lightly spray the top of the chicken with Kelapo Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- Rub 1 to 2 garlic cloves on the top of your chicken, depending on if you are a garlic lover, like me! Place the third clove inside the chicken.
- Sprinkle the top with pepper and paprika.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours.
Oh yes, this dish will make your house smell AMAZING, I promise! When the chicken is finished cooking it will literally be falling off the bone, that’s when you know you made something good. HA! Serve with asparagus and mashed sweet potatoes to complete this savory dish. Your husband and children will be asking for more, mine sure did!! Do you have any easy, secret dishes that you like to make at home?